- This event has passed.
TreksAndHikes Peb Fort Trek Vitakgad
September 22 @ 6:00 am - 8:30 pm UTC+5.5500Inr
Event Name: Peb Fort Trek Vitakgad
Event Cost: Rs. 500/- per person
Seats Available: 20
To register call/sms/whatsapp:
Dhara: 76663 33214
Arijit: 84518 85666
Fort Peb, also known as Vikatgad is situated at a distance of 3-4 km on west side of Neral. This is the most beautiful one-day trek near Mumbai, especially in monsoon. To avoid crowd at hill stations like Matheran, nature lovers must visit this fort. The fort derives it name from the Goddess ‘Pebi’; The fort is also named as ‘VikatGad’ for its supposed shape of the Elephant Headed God, ‘Ganesh’. Historical references clearly indicate that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves on the fort as silos for grain storage.
The tentative itinerary for the Trek is as given below:
Detail Plan :
08.00 am: Meeting at Neral Station
08.30 am: Breakfast at Neral
09:45 am: Move toward the Base Village by Local Transport
10.00 am: Post Introduction round, start the trek
01.30 pm: Reach the top , Rest in Cave and Have lunch
02.30 pm: Visit Peb Temple
05.00 pm: Take Taxi back to Neral
05.30 pm: Evening Snacks at Neral
06.30 pm: Catch Local train to Mumbai CST
CST Karjat Fast Local:
This is a fast local. Pls reach the stations around 10 mins earlier, as missing this local will mean missing the trek.
CST 06:10 am
Byculla 06:18 am
Dadar 06:24 am
Kurla 06:31 am
Ghatkopar 6:35 am
Thane 6:49 am
Dombivali 7:02 am
Kalyan 7:13 am
Neral 07:49 am
Members are requested to take return ticket till Karjat on their own. People may board the same train from the station of their convenience and meet us in the train directly.
THINGS TO CARRY-
– Lunch for the day
– A bottle of water (atleast 2 Ltrs)
– Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
– Medicine if u require usually
– A good trekking shoes (compulsory) ,
– Extra pair of socks, clothes (Optional)
– Camera, Cap, Sunscreen lotion (Optional)
– A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
– Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
– Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
Expenses for the Trek is 500/- per person which is inclusive of Morning Tea & Breakfast, Taxi Charges From Neral to Matheran & Matheran to Neral , First Aid ,Guide And Administration Charges if any.
One needs to deposit the amount into the following bank account to confirm his/her registration.
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Account Name: Treks And Hikes
Account No: 641505000696
Account Type: Current
IFS Code: ICIC0006415
Branch: Vile Parle (W)
UPI – pay2tah@icici
Google Pay (Tez) – 8369457750
Limited seats, Registrations on First Come First Serve Basis.
**Cancelation and Refund applicable on the entire trek cost :
1. If cancelation done prior to 10 days of the trek 75% of the total cost will be refunded.
2. If cancelation done prior to 5 days of the trek 50% will be refunded.
3. If cancelation done after that, no refund will be provided.
SMOKING AND DRINKING STRICTLY PROHIBITED DURING THE TREK (Offenders will be expelled from the program on the spot)