Treks and Trails India – Sondai Fort Trek
September 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Sunday, repeating until September 30, 2019
Sondai is not popular fort. Sondai is 9 kms from Karjat. It offers beautiful view of Morbe Dam, Prabalgad, Irshal, Rajmachi, Songiri forts and Matheran mountain range. Sondai was used as watch tower. Sondewadi and Wavarle are the base villages of Sondai fort. Sondewadi village is situated at 1/4th height of this fort.
There are 2 water cisterns on and steps are carved out of rocks to go on the topmost point where an idol of Sondai Devi stands. Two more water cisterns are on the way and has potable water. Waverle is another village from where a bit difficult approach to the fort passes through the dense forest.
Sondai Fort Trek Batches
|August 2019||September 2019|
|18th August||1st September|
|25th August||8th September|
Sondai Trek Event Details
- Sondai trek difficulty level: Medium
- Base village for Sondai: Sondewadi
- Region: Karjat
- Total time required for climbing Sondai Fort: Maximum 2.5 hrs
- Duration: 1 Day
- Cost: Rs. 750/- per person
Sondai Monsoon Trek Itinerary
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT – Karjat local
CSTM – Karjat local timing
- 06:10 CSMT
- 06:18 Byculla
- 06:24 Dadar
- 06:31 Kurla
- 06:35 Ghatkopar
- 06:49 Thane
- 06:57 Dombivali
- 07:02 Kalyan
- 08:05 Karjat
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
- 06.05 Pune
- 06:10 Shivaji Nagar
- 06:28 Pimpri
- 06:33 Chinchwad
- 07:13 Lonavala
- 07:58 Karjat
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / ST bus.
08:45 Reach at Sondewadi and Breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:30 Reach on top and explore.
14:30 Reach at Sondewadi and Lunch.
15:45 Journey towards Karjat railway station by Tumtum / ST bus.
16:30 Reach at Karjat railway station.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Sondai Monsoon Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Please carry pack lunch.
- Please wear trekking shoes for this trek with good grip.
- 1 veg Breakfast
- Travel Karjat to Karjat by local auto
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Karjat and back
- Lunch for the trek
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses (camera charges, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/sondai-fort-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 750/- per person
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Lunch for the trek
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Pricklesi