Treks and Trails India – Rajmachi Trek and Camping
January 18 @ 5:00 pm - January 19 @ 4:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until March 31, 2020
Rajmachi Fort is an historical forts have two stronghold forts, Forts of Rajmachi are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on right hand side of Borghat which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre monsoon during the rainy season the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat an historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains.
Rajmachi Fort History – Source websites
Established by the Satavahanas, this citadel was captured in 1657 by Shivaji Maharaj from the ruler of Bijapur. From 1704 to 1705, it was under the Mughals, before the Marathas regained its control. When the Maratha kingdom witnessed a downfall in 1818, the British took over the ownership of this fort.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
- Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
- Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
- Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
- Fireflies pre monsoon only.
- Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only.
Rajmachi Camping Event Details
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City: Lonavala
- Tent stay
- Shrivardhan Fort and Manaranjan Fort Exploration
- Local village food
- Separate stay for females
- Cost: Rs 1600/- per person
Rajmachi Trek and Camping Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
For Mumbai participants
Catch Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune
- 14:30 CSMT
- 14:41 Dadar
- 15:03 Thane
- 15:28 Kalyan
- 16:08 Karjat
- 17:03 Lonavala
For Pune participants
Catch Pune – Lonavala local
- 15:00 Pune
- 15:04 Shivaji Nagar
- 15:47 Talegaon
- 16:25 Lonavala
17:10 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep.
(If road is not motorable, jeep will be available till halfway only. Participants will have to walk 8km.)
20:00 Reach Base Village.
Day 2 – Sunday
06:30 Wake up and freshen up.
07:30 Manaranjan and Shrivardhan fort exploration.
13:30 Start return journey to Lonavala.
16:30 Disperse at Lonavala railway station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Rajmachi Camping, no refund will be provided.
- If road is not motorable, jeep will be available till halfway only. Participants will have to walk 8km
- Travelling to base village from Lonavala station and back by local vehicle
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch
- Tented stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails India expertise charges
- Travel till Lonavala and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/rajmachi-camping
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1600 per person in the given a/c
- Account Name: Treks and Trails
- Bank Name: Axis Bank
- Account Number: 917020047534079
- Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
- IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
- Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Pickup Point, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Sleeping material (sleeping bag or 2 bed sheets)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles