- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Rajmachi and Kondhane Caves Monsoon Trek
June 29 @ 5:00 pm - June 30 @ 6:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 5:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until August 31, 2019
Rajmachi Fort is an historical forts have two stronghold forts, Forts of Rajmachi are Shrivardhan and Manaranjan. Visible from Mumbai Pune Expressway on right hand side of Borghat which is a popular spot near Khandala known as Rajmachi View Point. Rajmachi is a famous spot for trekking in popular Lonavala Hill Stations. Lonavala to Rajmachi Fort is 16 km trekking distance from Lonavala there are many routes to reach Rajmachi Fort. We will be camping at Udhewadi Village located below the two Balekilla. Surrounded by huge waterfalls during monsoon you can view the beautiful kataldhar waterfall from Shrivardhan Fort. Rajmachi Fort has many caves used by trekkers for night halt. Pre monsoon during the rainy season the forest around the forts is glowing with Fireflies at night. You can also trek towards Kondane Caves during monsoon and enjoy the beautiful caves and waterfall. Rajmachi Fort is located strategically overlooking Borghat an historical trade route in Sahyadri Mountains.
Rajmachi Fort History – Source websites
Established by the Satavahanas, this citadel was captured in 1657 by Shivaji Maharaj from the ruler of Bijapur. From 1704 to 1705, it was under the Mughals, before the Marathas regained its control. When the Maratha kingdom witnessed a downfall in 1818, the British took over the ownership of this fort.
Places to visit at Rajmachi Fort
Udaysagar Lake constructed in 1712.
Temple of Mahadev by the side of Udaysagar Lake.
Temple of Bahiroba on the plateau near Shrivardhan and Manaranjan.
Fireflies pre monsoon only.
Kataldhar waterfall during monsoon only.
|June 2019||July 2019||August 2019|
|15th 16th June||6th 7th July||3rd 4th August|
|22nd 23rd June||13th 14th July||10th 11th August|
|29th 30th June||20th 21st July||17th 18th August|
|27th 28th July||24th 25th August|
Rajmachi and Kondana Caves Trek Event Details:
- Height of fort: 2710 feet approx.
- Nearest City Lonavala.
- Night Jungle Trail Walk.
- Shivardhan Fort and Manoranjan Fort Exploration.
- Local Village Food.
- Separate Stay for Females.
- Cost: Rs 1600
Rajmachi & Kondhane Caves Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturday
Day One Rajmachi Trek Saturday
Mumbai Participant please board Sinhagad Express 11009 – Mumbai to Pune.
For Pune participants – Catch Pune – Lonavala local
15:04 Shivaji Nagar
Meet Trek Leader near Lonavala Railway Station Ticket Counter
17:20 Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards base village by Jeep (Half Way).
19:00 Start Trek towards the base village – 8 km trek.
21:00 Reach Base Village.
Day Two – Sunday Rajmachi Trek
06:30 Wake up and freshen up
07:30 Start forts exploration.
13:00 Start descending towards Karjat side.
Visit Kondhane Caves.
17:30 Reach Kondhane village and start journey towards Karjat station by local vehicle.
18:30 Disperse at Karjat railway station
- Travelling Lonavala to base village by Jeep (Half Way).
- 1 Veg Dinner, Breakfast, 1 Veg lunch.
- Treks and Trails India charges if any.
- Villager House Homestay Dormitory.
- Travelling Kondhane Village to Karjat Station
- Travel till Lonavala and back from Karjat
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/rajmachi-monsoon-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1600 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID – [email protected]
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Pickup Point, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles