- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Karnala Fort Monsoon Trek
July 6 @ 7:30 am - 4:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 7:30 am on Sunday and Saturday, repeating until August 31, 2019
About Karnala Fort Trek
Karnala fort also called Funnel Hill is a hill fort in Raigad District about 10 km from Panvel city, 65km from Mumbai city, situated along the Mumbai-Goa highway. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The fort of Karnala is famous for its strange pinnacle and the bird sanctuary that is set up amidst the forest. Today, the ruins of the fort are a popular destination for hiking and tourism. This Fort is at a height of approx 1500 ft. It is a great trek for beginners and for parents who want to introduce their children to trekking and Mother Nature.
Batches for Karnala Fort Trek
|July 2019||August 2019|
|6th July||7th July||3rd August||4th August|
|13th July||14th July||10th August||11th August|
|20th July||21st July||17th August||18th August|
|27th July||28th July||24th August||25th August|
Karnala Fort Trek Event Details
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Medium
- Trek Distance: 3 km
- Washroom Available at the base village
- Location: Near Panvel
- Karnala Fort Trek Transport: Sharing Jeep
- Karnala Fort Height: 1500 ft.
- Karnala Fort: Hill Fort
- Minimum 7 participants required to conduct the event
- Base Village: Shirdhon
- District: Raigad
Karnala Fort Trek Itinerary
- 06:00 CSMT
- 06:18 Vadala Road
- 06:29 Kurla
- 06:49 Vashi
- 06:58 Nerul
- 07:20 Panvel
- 06:20 Thane
- 06:37 Koparkhairane
- 06:49 Nerul
- 07:12 Panvel
07:30 Assembly at Panvel Station near the ticket counter.
07:45 Reach Panvel state transport depot and move towards Karnala Bird Sanctuary by Tum-Tum rickshaw.
08:45 Reach Karnala Fort Trek base by ST Bus / Tum-Tum Rickshaw and have breakfast.
09:15 Start ascending.
11:00 Summit and explore – Lunch.
12:30 Start descending from Karnala Fort.
15:30 Travel back to Panvel Station.
16:30 Karnala Fort Trek End at Panvel Railway Station.
- People may board the same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Karnala Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekkers should carry packed Lunch for this Trek.
- 1 Veg Breakfast
- Travel from Panvel ST depot to Karnala fort base nd back to Panvel ST depot by tumtum / ST
- Karnala Wildlife Sanctuary Entry fee
- Travel cost from Mumbai to Malavli and back
- Travel from Pune to Malavli and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/karnala-fort-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 800/- per person in given account
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Pickup Point, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles