- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Tikona Fort Trek
September 15 @ 8:00 am - 5:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Sunday, repeating until September 30, 2019
Tikona Fort, also renowned as Vitandgad fort, is a major hill fort in Maval region near the Lonavala. Tikona fort, literally means triangle fort, had witnessed many dynasties ruled in the Maratha region. This was the nerve centre of the many activities of entire Maval Pawna regions. The small hamlet close to the fort is Tikona peth. The fort’s mammoth entrance is a special attraction. The Tikona fort is a great trekking destination for the adventurous tourists. One can get the eye catching views of the Pawna Dam and the forts at Visapur, Tung and Lohagad. The fort encloses a lake, Satvahan caves and the temple of ‘Trimbakeshwar Mahadev’. The fort was built during the Silhara dynasty. There is a temple on top of the peak. The view of the Pawna dam, Kathingad and valleys from the top is breathtaking.
Batches for Tikona Fort Trek
Tikona Fort Details
- Tikona Fort Trek Difficulty Level: Medium
- Base Village for Tikona Fort: Tikona peth
- Region: Lonavala
- Total time required for climbing Tikona Fort: 1.5 hour one way
- Duration: 1 Day
- Tikona Fort Height: 3500 ft. (approx.)
- Cost Rs 1200/- (per person)
Monsoon Trek to Tikona Fort Event itinerary
Train timing for Mumbai people
Board Indrayani Express from CSMT (With ticket till Lonavala)
Time table of Indrayani Express
- 05:40 Mumbai CSMT
- 05:51 Dadar
- 06:14 Thane
- 06:35 Kalyan
- 07:15 Karjat
- 08:00 Lonavala
Train timing for Pune people
Catch local from Pune
- 06:30 Pune
- 06:35 Shivaji nagar
- 07:50 Lonavala
08:00 Meeting at Lonavala railway station and move towards base village.
09:30 Reach at base village and breakfast.
10:00 Start ascending.
12:00 Reach on top and explore.
13:00 Start descend.
14:30 Reach at base village and Lunch.
15:30 Start journey towards Lonavala railway station.
17:30 Reach at Lonavala.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Tikona Trek, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 Lunch.
- Travel Lonavala to Lonavala by Local Jeep.
- Trek Leader Expertise Charges.
- Travel cost from Mumbai/Pune to Lonavala and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
Buy ticket here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/tikona-fort-monsoon-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1100/- per person
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Pickup Point, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles