- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Kaas Pathar and Thoseghar Waterfall Tour from Mumbai
September 20 @ 10:30 pm - September 21 @ 11:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 10:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, repeating until October 6, 2019
About Kaas Plateau
Kaas Plateau famously called Maharashtra Valley of Flowers. Kaas plateau is a eco sensitive place you can see carpet of flowers after monsoon ends. During monsoon Kas Pathar receives very heavy rainfall you can see different flowers throughout the year. Kaas Plateau has become famous for the various shades of carpet the tiny flowers that grow on the Kas Pathar create. UNESCO in June 2012 announced Kaas Plateau as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site.
One special Flower Aponogeton Satarensis or Waytura can only be found on Kaas Plateau now listed in endangered species. Kaas Plateau supports 175 species of wild flowers. During our tour we will see flowers that blossom after monsoon. Kas Pathar is home to many birds, butterflies, reptiles, wild animals.
Best time to visit Kaas Plateau is just after end of monsoon during the months of September and October. Once in eight years Karvi Flowers blooms into mas flowering covering entire Kaas Plateau in shades of Purple Blue and Pink.
Thoseghar Waterfalls gets its name from the small village of Thoseghar located 20 km from Satara, we will pass Sajjangad Fort and windmills to reach the scenic Thoseghar Waterfalls. Satara is famous for many waterfalls like Vajrai Waterfall 2nd highest plunge waterfall in India, Kelavali Waterfall.
Thoseghar offers spectacular views with series of waterfalls converging and one waterfall 200 meters in height. On a Rainy day Thoseghar Waterfall is covered in fog and nearby Chalkewadi Plateau famous for windmills electricity project is not visible. Best time to visit Thoseghar Waterfall is from July to November or on a Rainy day.
Thoseghar is very calm and relaxing place with rice fields and lush green forest with small streams.
Batches for Kaas Plateau Tour
|September 2019||October 2019|
|14th 15th September||4th 5th October|
|20th 21st September||5th 6th October|
|21st 22nd September|
|27th 28th September|
|28th 29th September|
Kas Pathar Tour Highlights
- Macro Photography at Kaas Plateau
- Landscape Photography Kaas Plateau and Kaas Lake
- Birding we will play game of counting the number of species spotted
- Witness amazing colors of wild flower blooms and different Flora and Fauna
- Thoseghar Waterfall visit
- Chalkewadi Plateau Windmills view from Thoseghar waterfall
- View of Sajjangad while return for Thoseghar Waterfall
- Cost: Rs. 2200/- per person
Kaas Plateau Itinerary
Day Zero – Saturday Night
22:45 Meet Treks and Trails Team at Pritam da Dhaba, Dadar East.
23:00 Non Ac Transport will leave for Kaas Plateau valley of flowers.
23:15 Chembur Diamond Garden.
23:45 Vashi below main bridge near Vashi Plaza.
00:15 Kalamboli Mcdonalds.
Day One – Sunday
05:00 Reach Satara and have breakfast.
07:00 Reach Kaas Plateau. Sightseeing, Macro Photography, Landscape Photography, Kaas Valley exploration – Forest Guide Tour.
09:00 Walk to Kumudini Lake for Kumudini Flower.
10:00 Walk to Kaas Lake.
11:30 Departure from Kaas Lake for Thoseghar Waterfall.
12:30 Lunch on the way.
13.30 Move towards Thoseghar Waterfall.
14:50 Reach at Thoseghar Waterfall.
16:30 Departure for Mumbai.
23:30 Approx arrival at Dadar
- Dadar to Dadar travel by a Non-AC bus
- 1 Veg Breakfast and 1 Veg Lunch
- Entry fee for Kaas Pathar & Thoseghar Waterfall
- Treks and Trails India charges
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
For registration and confirmation transfer Rs.2200.00 per person in the given a/c.
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID – [email protected]
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Name, email ID, Pickup Point, Mobile phone number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call or email:
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828746865 / 8828004949 (11 am to 7 pm only – Monday to Saturday)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Rains are expected, so pack your bags accordingly to save them from getting wet
- Double pack your valuables / phones in plastic bags
- Rainwear / Poncho / Waterproof jacket etc. if you don’t want to get wet
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles