- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Harishchandragad Trek and Camping
November 23, 2019 @ 9:00 am - November 24, 2019 @ 6:00 pm UTC+5.5
One event on December 14, 2019 at 9:00 am
One event on December 28, 2019 at 9:00 am
One event on January 11, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on January 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on February 8, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on February 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on March 14, 2020 at 9:00 am
One event on March 28, 2020 at 9:00 am
Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort has multiple entry routes such as Junnar gate route, Sadhle ghat, Nalichi wat and Indore waat. The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Height of fort: 4650 ft. approx.
- Region: Igatpuri
- Total time required for climbing: 2-2.5 hours uphill climb one way
- Cost: Rs. 2000/- (per person)
Harishchandragad Trek and Camping Event Itinerary
Day 1 – Saturaday
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
- 06:55 CSMT
- 07:02 Byculla
- 07:08 Dadar
- 07:15 Kurla
- 07:34 Thane
- 07:55 Kalyan
- 09:11 Kasara
- Board Latur express from Pune at 04:10
- Reach Kalyan 06:42
- From Kalyan board above local train till Kasara
09:15 Meeting at Kasara Railway Station.
09:30 Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
Breakfast on the way.
14:00 Reach at base village and have a lunch.
15:30 Start ascending.
17:30 Reach on top.
Enjoy sunset at Kokankada.
Day 2 – Sunday
04:30 Wake up and freshen up.
05:00 Start trek towards Taramati Shikhar (depends on whether).
07:00 Start descending from Taramati Shikhar.
08:00 Back to the Kokankada.
09:00 Start descending.
On the way visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
12:30 Reach at base village and start return journey to Kasara.
16:00 Reach at Kasara station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Harishchandragad Trek, no refund will be provided.
- Trekking shoes: Participant wearing Sandals / Running Shoes / Repaired shoes will be returned from Kasara/Paachnai without refund, Trekking shoes are a must.
- Torch with new batteries – Compulsory per person
- Day 1 – 1 veg Lunch, 1 evening tea, 1 veg dinner
- Day 2 – 1 breakfast, 1 veg lunch
- Kasara to Kasara transportation by local jeep
- Tent stay on sharing basis
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
- Travel till Kasara and back.
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required.
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 2000 per person in the given a/c
- Account Name: Treks and Trails
- Bank Name: Axis Bank
- Account Number: 917020047534079
- Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
- IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
- Account Type: Current Account
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call us
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828004949 / 9764461419 (Monday to Saturday – 11:30 am to 6 pm only)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Camping get cancelled, we will refund “Camping Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra batteries
- Sleeping material (Sleeping bag or 2 bedsheets)
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- Winter clothing
- A haversack (No jholas or side bags)
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles