- This event has passed.
Treks and Trails India – Harishchandragad Trek
September 1 @ 12:15 am - 8:30 pm UTC+5.5
An event every week that begins at 12:15 am on Sunday, repeating until September 30, 2019
Harishchandragad is one of the best high forts near Mumbai, Maharashtra. Strong fortifications of this fort has multiple entry routes such as Junnar gate route, Sadhle ghat, Nalichi wat and Indore waat.
The carvings on the temples of Nageshwar (in Khireshwar village), in the Harishchandreshwar temple and in the cave of Kedareshwar indicate that the fort belongs to the medieval period, since it is related to Shaiva, Shakta or Naath. Later the fort was under the control of Moguls. The Marathas captured it in 1747. Main attractions on Fort: Saptatirtha Pushkarni, Kedareshwar Cave, Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff), Taramati peak, Temple of Harishchandreshwar.
Harishchandragad Trek Batches
|August 2019||September 2019|
|18th August||1st September|
|25th August||8th September|
Harishchandragad Trek Event Details
- Difficulty Level: Medium
- Endurance Level: Medium
- Height of fort: 4650 ft. approx.
- Region: Igatpuri
- Total time required for climbing: 2-2.5 hours uphill climb one way
- Cost: Rs. 1300/- per person
Harishchandragad One Day Trek Event Itinerary
Catch CSMT – Kasara local
Kasara slow local
- 21:32 CSMT
- 21:40 Byculla
- 21:50 Dadar
- 22:00 Kurla
- 22:06 Ghatkopar
- 22:27 Thane
- 22:50 Dombivli
- 23:01 Kalyan
- 00:12 Kasara
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board local train till Kasara.
00:15 Meet Trek Leader at Kasara Railway Station.
00:30 Move towards the base village in by private local vehicle.
04:30 Reach at base village.
Freshen up and Breakfast.
06:30 Start ascending.
09:00 Reach on top and explore. Visit Harishchandreshwar temple, Kedareshwar temple, Pushkarani, Caves.
10:30 Start trek towards Kokankada.
11:00 Reach Kokankada and Enjoy your time at Kokankada.
13:30 Start descending.
16:00 Reach base village and start return journey towards Kasara.
20:00 Arrival at Kasara railway station and disperse.
- People may board same train from their respective stations of convenience.
- Missing the train is missing Harishchandragad Trek, no refund will be provided.
- 1 veg Breakfast and 1 veg Lunch
- Kasara to Kasara travel by private non ac local vehicle
- Treks and Trails expertise charges
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Mineral water/lime water/ purchased for personal consumption
- All kinds of Extra Meals / soft drinks ordered
- Any kind of personal expenses
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather
- Any medical / Emergency evacuations if required
Buy tickets here https://www.treksandtrails.org/tours/harishchandragad-trek
For Registration and Confirmation transfer Rs. 1300 per person in the given a/c
Account Name: Treks and Trails
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Account Number: 917020047534079
Branch: Churchgate – Mumbai
IfSC Code: UTIB0000695
Account Type: Current Account
UPI ID – [email protected]
Once payment is done, please send an email to [email protected] with Transaction ID, Participant Names, email ID, WhatsApp mobile number, emergency contact number.
For any queries please call us
Treks and Trails Mumbai 8828004949 / 9764461419 (Monday to Saturday – 11:30 am to 7 pm only)
- 75% refund if notified via phone conversation 8 or more days prior to the event date.
- 50 % refund if notified via phone conversation 4 to 7 days prior to the event date.
- No refund if the cancellation requested is less than 3 days prior to event date
- No show No Refund.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another date against cancellation.
- Event Tickets cannot be transferred to another person against cancellation.
- If Trek get cancelled, we will refund “Trek Amount” only.
Thing to carry
- 2/3 liters of water
- Good Torch must with extra battery
- Trekking Shoes provide more grip and comfort on trek
- One Day Backpack 20 to 30 liters
- Sun Cap and Sunscreen
- Some Dry fruits / Dry Snacks / Energy Bars
- Glucon D / ORS / Tang / Gatorade sachets
- Personal First aid and Personal Medicine
- Identity Proof
- Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles