Travel Buffs: Mt. Deo Tibba – Base camp
June 28, 2020 @ 6:00 am - July 5, 2020 @ 11:00 am UTC+5.5
Mt. Deo Tibba - Base camp SHORT INFO: Activity: Himalaya Trek Region: Manali (Himachal Pradesh) Endurance: Moderate Difficulty: Medi
Event Type: Event
Mt. Deo Tibba – Base camp
Activity: Himalaya Trek
Region: Manali (Himachal Pradesh)
Cost: ₹ 12,000/- (Manali to Manali all inclusive)
Date: 28th June – 5th July 2020 (7 N/ 8 D)
Mt. Deo Tibba base camp trek is in fact for those willing to make this summer vacation a special one. Passing through meadows, alpine forest the trail approaches moraine planes and further steep ascends to reach base camp of Mt. Deo Tibba. Enchantingly memorable trail overall. Not only will cross exquisite landscapes amidst alpine forest, pasturing meadows but also waterfall and high altitude lake, Chota Chandrataal (4480 m) with crystal clear blue water.
Once we reach to base camp you will be stumbled by magnificent view of snow caped Deo Tibba (and Indrasan. Indeed these are major peaks of the Pir Panjal mountain range. Highlights of the trail are Chikka, Jagatsukh nallah, Seri Meadows, Tenta plateau and waterfall and lastly Chota – Chandratal Lake.
So rig up this summer to explore some of the unseen parts of the region only mountaineers dare go.
- Relish in valleys, meadows, alpine forest and vast plateau of Himalaya.
- Camping at a high summit and the clear night sky under the billions of stars.
- Enthrall self with surrounding snow-capped mountains of the Pir Panjal range of Himalaya.
- Interact with locals and share cup of tea while you learn about their culture.
- Local cuisine.
Temperature: ranging between 10° to 15° C during day and -2° to 5 ° C at night
Trekking Distance: 75 km
Maximum Altitude:14,000 ft
Base Camp: Khnaol
Day 1: 28th June, 2020
Arrival to Manali
Reporting Time: 8 am to 10 am
When you arrive in Manali, the pretty hilly town at an altitude of around 6730 feet and it is a popular tourist destination. Albeit a bustling tourist place, Manali blessed with unique landscape, Beas river flowing amid town, ski high Deodar forest along the hill slopes and snow-clad mountains on the backdrop. In addition Cool and pleasant weather prevails in this region most of the year.
Manali to Drive Burwa; Ultimate Stay – Feel like a home – (4 Km.from Manali)
On arrival in guest house settle in the room allotted.
Later brief introduction and Mountain Do’s and Don’ts
Lunch and rest a while. Afterwards short acclimatization trek to “Jogini Water Fall”
High Tea & Snacks.
Group Discussions with evening Hot Soup
Dinner and Lights off
Day 2: 29th June 2020
From Manali to Khanol Village drive then start trek to Chikka
On the first day of trek, drive straightaway to Khanol village, its’ starting point of the trek. Amid various berry trees and flowers the trail passes further. Till we reach next camp Chikka enjoy trek for 6 – 7 hours.
Once we reach at the base camp view of Deo Tibba, lndrasaan peaks and the Spiti valley opens up. Furthermore Chikka provides one of the best camping site boasts of Nag Mandir.
Stay in tents for overnight.
Day 3: 30th June 2020
Second day of the trek and first stretch of trail passes alongside a stream, Jagatsukh nallah. Eventually path opens in the incandescent forests. Afterwards the stretch turns the paths to a striking landscape strewn with boulders and a carpet of velvety grass and colourful wildflowers.
As soon as tree-line left behind, starts ascend to the meadows of Seri. Once a glacier lake, now it is a beautiful large meadow drained with icy rivulets, studded with an astounding variety of herbs and wildflowers with the gorgeous Tenta waterfall looming in the background. Stay in tents for overnight.
Day 4: 1st July 2020
Trek from Seri to Tenta
Trail lead across the flat meadow in the first part, then wading through streams that feeds Jagatsukh nallah. Get ready for a steep climb through boulders eventually leads you to a moraine field and voila first sight of the massive Deo Tibba and lndrasan.
Today you will get enough time to rest and acclimatize. Relax and stay overnight in the tents arranged.
Day 5: 2nd July 2020
Trek from Tenta to Chota ChandrataaI and return to Tenta.
After an uphill climb across moraine fields, you will get to see a stunning emerald blue glacial lake that is Chota Chandrataal.
Once you reach the lake, the view astonish with adorning hundreds of wildflowers along the shores. In addition one can site all the way, the snow sheathed Deo Tibba sparkles against the sunny azure skies.
Watch the high altitude lake with emerald blue water will ask you to take one last stretch of steep climb. Then return to camp at Tenta. Stay in tents for overnight.
Day 6: 3rd July 2020
Trek from Tenta to Chikka
While passing back retrace your way through Seri. Later take a halt at Dudu Pathar for lunch. The descend is easy though it will take around 4 hours to reach.
Stay in tents for overnight.
Day 7: 4th July 2020
Trek to Khanol village and drive back to Manali – Burwa Guest House
Day 8: 5th July 2020
Morning Tea and Breakfast
Feedback Session and Vote of Thanks
After Vote of Thanks leave to Manali, From Manali, you can take buses to Chandigadh or Delhi.
- Manali to Manali transfers as per itinerary.
- Accommodation in rooms and camping in Tents as per itinerary – Quadruple sharing basis
- All Meals as per itinerary.
- Well experienced and qualified local trek leader and the support staff.
- First aid kit.
- Travel Buffs Charges
- Personal expenses of any kind viz. packaged water bottles, Soft drinks, Laundry, etc.
- Any kind of insurance.
- Porters to carry personal luggage.
- Tips, Local Sightseeing and anything which is not specifically mentioned in the cost inclusions.
- Any kind of refund for unutilised tour plan services.
- Additional Expenses/ cost incidental to any change in the itinerary or stay caused by reason beyond our control; such as Natural Calamities (Land Slides, Floods etc.), any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs, flight cancellation, etc.
- Participants who returns in the middle of trek for any kind of reason whatsoever once we leave for same, shall bear all the cost including transportation back, stay and food etc.
- Any other tax or service charge, stay charge that could be enforced during this period will be extra and need to be borne by Participants.
- Any service not specifically mentioned in the INCLUSIONS.
- All travelers are advised to purchase travel insurance that provide care and services for sickness, Accidents, emergency rescue, etc. We shall not be responsible for the loss of personal assets and belongings of the travelers due to unavoidable reason or mishap.
- If a trek is called off at the last moment due to a natural calamity/ unforeseen circumstances (like rains/ earthquake/ landslides/ strike/ bandh etc) we not responsible and will not give any refund.
- Drop out during trek:
If for some reason a participant drop out from the trek on any day then will make arrangements for his/ her return up to Manali. A staff will accompany the participant to the Manali. Manali transportation and stay cost at any location including Manali has to be borne by the participant only.
CAUTION & REMARKS:-
- Even though participants do not need to submit any health certificates those with a history of medical problems, particularly cardiac or respiratory, should consult a doctor before deciding to undertake the trip.
- Carry appropriate substitution drugs for individuals allergic to any of above
- Avoid medication such as sleeping tablets, sedatives, strong painkillers, and anti histamines which depress the respiration and increase the risk of (AMS – Active Mountain Sickness) especially while sleeping
THINGS TO CARRY: –
01) Photo Identity proof (No Pan card)
02) Thermals (Top & Bottom)
03) Fleece Jacket
04) Woolen gloves & Woolen Socks, Monkey cap/ woolen cap, Scarfs, Bandana
05) Personal Clothing for tour (T shirts, pants etc.), Towel/ Pancha, socks, etc.
06) Windcheater/ Raincoat
07) Water Bottle 2 lit
08) Torch/ Headlamp with extra set of batteries, Power banks, Charger etc.
09) Toiletry kit (Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Face Wash, Hand Sanitiser, etc.), Wet wipes etc.
10) Sun protection & Cold Cream – Sunscreen, Lip balm, Sunglasses, Cap etc.
11) Good Shoes & floaters
12) Ready to eat snacks, Dry fruits, Energy bars, etc.
13) Glucon D/ Enerzal powder
14) Camera, Batteries & Memory cards – Optional
15) A Backpack to keep all things and a Day bag.
Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
16) Medicines those you require usually, with your doctor’s consultation
Do not wear gold or carry any kind of valuable ornaments
By registering or joining any of the program organised by Travel Buffs, you acknowledge that you have read, understood & agreed to the following terms & conditions.
TERMS & CONDITION:-
- Leaders’ decision shall be final & abiding to all, till completion of the trek/ programme.
- Smoking, Chewing tobacco & consumption of Alcohol is strictly not allowed on the trek/ programme.
- Everyone is expected to follow safety protocols defined by the leaders.
- Polluting trek route/ camp site is strictly prohibited. Strictly no littering throughout the event/ trek.
- You acknowledge that the photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose. You consent to let organisers photograph you and let them to use for publicity purpose & also consent to allow organisers to use the photograph clicked by you for publicity purpose.
- There is possibility of injury during activities & programmes and you are aware that outdoor activities bears inborn risk of personal injury.
- You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident/ Natural calamity may happen & you agree that organiser shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances (artificial or natural).
- During emergency situation, your consent to any medical treatment recommended by a qualified medical practitioner (this could include inoculations, blood transfusions, surgery or the use of anaesthetic). Read *Medical Disclaimer*
- You realise a certain level of acceptable behaviour is mandatory to participate in outdoor programmes/ treks and that you may excluded from programmes/ treks if this level is not maintained. You acknowledge event leaders right to expel you from the group if you does not follow instruction of the leader/ misbehave. Further you consent once you are expelled from the group; organisers & leaders does not owe any kind of liability towards you.
- Travel Buffs have all authority to make any changes/ cancel the events/ programmes without prior notice.
Please read “Terms and Conditions” before joining the event
For Registrations call Team Travel Buffs: –
Jaydeep : 98333 96615 / 75061 05004
Kaustubh : 97692 71231
If not reachable, SMS or WhatsApp.
E-mail id: [email protected]
PAYMENT POLICY & ACCOUNT DETAILS: –
- Bookings for all scheduled events/ programmes will be strictly made on ‘First Come, First Serve’ basis only.
- One must enquire availability of the seats before paying for any event.
- Booking only through 100% Advance payment.
Account details –
Account No: 1313213446
Name: TRAVEL BUFFS
IFS code: KKBK0000640
Bank Name: KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK
UPI: for payment our id – [email protected]
Please share Screenshot of the transaction
Once payment is done, please email details to “[email protected]” including Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Blood Group, Emergency Contact No. with concern person name with subject line as “Event Title & Date”
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY: –
If for some reason you wish to cancel your trek/ event, an email intimation needs to be sent to “[email protected]”. Cancellation requests are not taken over phone. However, you can phone to check whether your cancellation has been processed.
The cancellation charges as follows:
- Up to 90 days before the start of the event – Full Refund
- Between 89 to 40 days before the start of the tour – refund 50% of the cost
- Less than 39 days before the start of the tour – no refund.
*MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: –
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves.
Be in touch: –
Facebook: – Travelbuffs.in
Instagram: – travelbuffs.in
Website: – http://www.travelbuffs.in/