- This event has passed.
SR: One Day trek to Irshalgad on 14th Sept 2019
September 14 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+5.5500₹
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3700 FT above MSL (Approx)
Base Village: Chauk-Irshalwadi
Date: 14 Sep 2019
Costs: INR 500
Irshalgad Fort Details
Irshalgad Fort is located in between Matheran and Panvel in Maharashtra. It is a sister fort to Prabalgad. The area of the fort is not large but there are several water cisterns cuts from the rock. There is a water tank on the route from Irshal Plateau to the peak. To reach the top of the pinnacle it is essential to have artificial rock climbing equipment. From the top, you can see the forts of Prabalgad, Matheran, Chanderi, Malanggad, Karnala, and Manikgad.
Train option for Mumbai participants
Catch CSMT – Karjat local
CSTM – Karjat local timing
Train options for Pune participants
Board Sinhgad express from Pune
06:10 Shivaji Nagar
08:05 Meet at Karjat railway station, near the ticket counter.
08:15 Move to Base Village by Tumtum / Eco / bus.
09 :30 am Reach base village (followed by breakfast at Base village
09:45 am Gear up for the trek and start ascending towards the peak
12 :00 Reach Top of fort. Exploration after reaching on Machi .
12:30 pm Start descending after relaxing at the fort for some time
Reach base at 04:00 pm (subjective)
Reach Karjat 06:30 pm (subjective)
Private transportation from Karjat – Irshalgad- Karjat
Internet Handling Charges
Traveling expense till and from Karjat
Any personal expenses, for example, mineral water, snacks, cold drinks, etc.
Anything other than mentioned in the Inclusions.
List of essentials
• Extra pair of T-shirts
• Extra pair of trousers/Track Pants
• Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes. (Shoes with a thick sole are recommended.)
• Raincoat / Poncho
• Water bottle
• Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
• Personal toiletries
– Camp leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– The Sahyadri Rangers reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
– Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
– The outing has a strict NO Smoking/Drug/Alcohol Policy.
– All the timings mentioned above are tentative.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the whole tour cost
• If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
• If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded
• After that, no refund will be provided.