- This event has passed.
SR : Manikgad Monsoon Trek on 7 july 2019
July 7 @ 6:00 am - 7:00 pm UTC+5.5700₹
SR : Manikgad Monsoon Trek
Type: Hill fort
Height : 1876 feet
Difficulty level: Easy to Medium
Time required : 3-3.5 hours
Manikgad is situated on a hill in North Konkan near Chawk and can be seen while travelling on Mumbai – Pune Highway. The fort has couple of water cisterns and remains of settlements and fortification. The fort was used as a watch tower and offers a commanding view from top of that region. Manikgad was built to look upon the trade route from Maval(Pune) to the coastal ports. This fort though looks easy requires high endurance and capacity of the trekker for long walk.This fort is situated near Vashivali (Rasayani MIDC), which is 27 km from Panvel.
This fort was built by Sarkhel Kanhoji Angre , to whom it was ceded in 1718 by Peshavas. The fort is in ruins. There is a big rock-cut cistern on the fort called as “Darya take”. There is a small shiva linga and few small rock-cut cisterns. The Ganesh gate is the only standing structure on the fort. There is a circular trench cut in the rock meant for lime mixing. If the sky is clear nearby forts i.e. Karnala, Prabalgad, Chanderi, Malang gad, Irshalgad, Sondai, Lohagad, Visapur, Sankshi are seen.
Meeting Point : Panvel Bus Station at 07:30am
Day 1 : Sunday.
07:30 AM : Panvel Bus Station
09:00 AM : Reach Base village after Breakfast and Tea
10.00 AM : Start Trek
01.30 PM : Reach Top
Explore the Fort
02.00 PM : Start Descending
04.00 PM : Reach Base Village
04.30 PM : Lunch
06.00 PM : Start our Return Journey
07.00 PM : Reach Panvel Station (Depend on the Traffic)
Local Train time Table
Thane – Panvel (S)
06:19 am Thane
06:27 am Airoli
06:36 am Koparkhairne
06:48 am Nerul
06:55 am Belapur CBD
06:59 am Kharghar
07:10 am Panvel
Train Time Table (Thane to Panvel)
06:19am : Thane
06:48am : Nerul
07:10am : Panvel
Andheri – Vadala Road Slow Local
05:17am : Andheri
05:31am : Bandra
05:42am : Vadala Road
Cost – Rs. 699/- PP
It Includes :
Transport from Panvel to Panvel
Breakfast and Tea
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
UPI ID – 7666606704@upi
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 7666606704
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Things to Carry :
– 4 lit water
– Proper rain-gears like Umbrella / Raincoat / Windcheater (Must)
– Packs things properly to protect from rain (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Sunscreen, Mosquito repellant,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– (For 1 day trek bedding is not needed) Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Identity Card
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Sahyadri Rangers reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.