Small Steps Adventures One Day Trek To Kothaligad Fort, On 25th August 2019
August 25 @ 7:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+5.5850₹
Kothaligad Trek or Peth fort Trek Info
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 3100 ft
Base Village: Ambivadi
Kothaligad Fort Trek Details
Kothligad, Kothaligad, Kotligad or Peth Fort is one and the same. Kothaligad Trek is located near Kashele Village falling under Karjat Taluka, Raigad District. Kothaligad Fort Trek is a paradise for photographers in Monsoon season as one can witness numerous waterfalls all along the Kothaligad trek. After having a feast of views, reach the top to sight nearby hill forts. Kothaligad or Peth Fort is surrounded by Rajmachi Fort, Dhak Bahiri Caves, Siddhagad and Jungle of Bhimashankar. It has also many water cisterns, Temples and Bhairoba cave that can accommodate 30 – 40 persons at a time.
It is believed that this fort came into prominence during King Sambhaji’s era as Kothaligad or Peth fort was used as store house for Ammunition and Food.
Kothaligad Trek Itinerary:
We are Waiting for you
Meet at Karjat Railway Station at 7 am as we will head to Ambivadi Village by transfer vehicle, base village of Kothaligad Trek.
We will reach Ambivadi village around 8:30 am. Before we begin the Kothaligad Trek, let us fill our stomach with the local breakfast and hot tea.
Kothaligad Fort, we are coming!
We will begin our Kothaligad trek by 9:30 am, enjoying the Jungle and the views.
Wow, we are here! – Peth Fort Top
Reach the top of Kothaligad Fort around 12 pm. Explore the caves, water cisterns, Temples, bastions and enjoy the view of the valley from Kothaligad Fort. We will start to descend around 12:30 pm.
Lovely Rural Lunch
We will reach the plateau of Peth Fort village around 1:30 pm. Enjoy the delicious lunch made by the villagers as we rejuvenate our body and mind. We will restart the descend again around 2:30 pm.
What an Experience – Kothaligad Fort Trek!
Reach Ambivadi village around 4 pm as we will head back to Karjat Railway Station in our transfer vehicle sharing your experience Kothaligad Fort and feedback of the Kothaligad trek with our fellow trekkers.
INR 850 + 5% GST
Kothaligad Fort Trek Inclusions: –
● Transportation by private vehicle from Karjat to Karjat
● Guide & Expertise charges for Kothaligad Trek
Kothaligad Fort Trek Exclusions:
● Any other personal expenses other than Inclusions & GST
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the Kothaligad Trek cost:
● If cancellation done prior to 15 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
● If cancellation done prior to 10 days of outing 50% will be refunded.
● After that no refund will be provided.
Things To Carry:
● 2 litres of drinking water
● Photo ID card
● Good trekking or sport shoes for Kothaligad Fort Trek
● Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
● Electral/Tang powder/Glucose-D/salt
● Cap, camera, mobiles phones, socks, extra pairs of clothes/ raincoat.
● Any personal medicine
Kothaligad Trek Rules:
● In mountains & jungles, smoking attracts honeybees and one has to face dangerous “honeybee attack” where survival of the person is difficult, hence smoking is strictly prohibited.
● Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited during Kothaligad Fort Trek.
● Leader’s decision will be final and binding.
● Small Steps Adventures reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
● Telephonic confirmation for booking is mandatory; if unable to contact us then send a text message and we will call you back.
● Please do not carry handbags or Jholas or Sling bags on treks.
● Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we do not take any liability for the same.
Kothaligad Fort Trek FAQs
1. What is the difficulty level of Kothaligad Fort Trek?
It is easy trek near Mumbai and best trek in monsoon for beginners.