Sikkim Summer Special Tour
March 22 @ 12:00 pm - March 29 @ 12:00 pm UTC+5.5
One event on April 17, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 3, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 10, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 17, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 24, 2020 at 12:00 pm
One event on May 31, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Event Name: Sikkim Backpacking Tour
Event Duration: 6 days
Event Cost: Rs. 21,999/- per pax
Total Seats: 15
Type: Big Chutti Plans
Sikkim is one of the beauties in north eastern part of India. It is nicely tucked away and beautifully landlocked with immense natural beauty, it has all the components which would sooth you from the tiredness of vigorous day-to-day activities. The mighty Kanchenjunga, considered a benevolent protector, dominates the region, making itself visible from various points within the state. As the mercury rises across the country in May, Sikkim provides a much-needed retreat.
• Experience the highest and biggest fresh water lake, Gurudongmar.
• Enjoy the scenic alpine flower valley, Yumthang.
• Learn about the Buddhist culture and traditions at Namgyal Institute of Tibetology
• Experience one of the largest and oldest Rumtek Monastery
• Enjoy the picturesque Tsongmo Lake, one of the highest altitude Himalayan Lake.
• Experience the border gate between India and China at Nathulla Pass**
Bagdogra to Gangtok (135 km. / approx 4.30 hrs) / Overnight at Gangtok
On arrival at Bagdogra airport or NJP railway station board your vehicle to Gangtok (5500 Ft /1677 Mts). From Tista Bazaar follows the winding roads and a picturesque drive through Himalayan hills to Gangtok, the capital of Sikkim. Check into hotel and get refreshed for a free leisure evening. Recommend to roam in MG road around the Mall to enjoy the typical Hill City life of Gangtok and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay in hotel.
Gangtok to Lachen (120 kms./5 hrs./ Alt.- 8,500 ft.) / Overnight at Lachen
After an early breakfast, we will proceed to Lachen. The route meanders through small villages with valleys upto forest grove of Kabi Langchuk. Shinghik comes next with its promises of one of the most glorious views of Kanchenjunga. Situated at an altitude of over 4000ft Singhik offers a desired break to the travelers on the way to Lachen. We will have our lunch on the way. Visit Chungthang- the confluence of Lachen Chu and Lachun Chu (river) and Vimnala falls water falls on your way to Lachen. Reach Lachung in the late afternoon. Lachen is also a base for the popular Green Lake trek
Excursion to Gurudongmar. Lachen to Lachung (50 km/ 2 hrs) / Overnight at Lachung
Early morning drive to Thangu Village (4100m / 13450ft), a remote high-altitude village of Tibetan Nomads and also proceed further to Chopta Valley (4000m / 13124ft) to get some breath-taking view of alpine valley of frozen rivers. From Chopta Valley drive for another 30kms in 1.5hr to Gurudongmar Lake (5225m / 17143ft) close to Tibet Border, the one of the highest and biggest fresh water lakes in Sikkim and back to Lachen for a late lunch.
Check out from Lachen and drive further to Lachung via Chungthang. En-route visit Chungthang confluence of Lachen Chu and Lachun Chu and Vimnala Water Falls. Check in at hotel. Check in at hotel and enjoy a comfortable overnight stay.
Lachung – Another remote high-altitude village of Tibetan and Bhutia people in North Sikkim with towering rocky snow peaks, vibrant rhododendron valley, lush green yak pastures, perennial waterfalls, hot springs and the base for exploring alpine valley of Yumthang and Yumesamdong close to the Tibetan plateau.
Excursion to Yumthang. Lachung – Gangtok (24 km./ Alt.- 11,800ft.) / Overnight at Gangtok
Early morning drive to Yumthang Valley, an alpine flower valley in North Sikkim. Enjoy the scenic landscape and hot Spring and drive further for 30kms to Yumesamdong (4725m / 15503ft) or Zero Point close to Tibet Border, one of the highest motorable roads in Sikkim. Full day excursion to Yumthang Valley. The valley is covered with snow during January to March & with rhododendrons during April & May. Enroute visit Sulphur Hot Spring having medicinal values.
Lunch at hotel in Lachung. After lunch visit Handicraft Centre & Lachung Monastery. Later drive back to Gangtok, In the evening arrive at Gangtok and check into the hotel. Overnight at hotel in Gangtok.
Gangtok Sightseeing / Overnight at Gangtok
After our breakfast we will proceed for local sightseeing in or around Gangtok including Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok. These viewpoints offering panoramic view of snowcapped Himalayan peaks & Gangtok city. Proceed to visit Rumtek Monastery/ Jhakri Falls , Institute of Tibetology to have a glance of Tibetan antics, Orchid House ( Collection of Himalayan orchids), Enchay Monastery ,Dodurl Chorten etc. In the evening visit to M G Marg, the busy market of Gangtok, for shopping and having Sikkimese delicacy at the local restaurant.
Excursion – Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir (Nathulla Pass Optionally) / Overnight at Gangtok
After breakfast drive for a memorable excursion tour to Tsomgo Lake (12,400 ft. /39 km), one of the highest altitudes Himalayan Lake. This beautiful oval shape lake almost 1 km long with its average depth 50 ft is situated in east Sikkim Himalaya. From here we will drive further 15 km to Baba Mandir. We’ll further drive to Nathula pass (12,000ft.) (depending on the availability of permit) towards china border depending upon the accessibility of the route. We will back to Gangtok by late afternoon. Evening is free for roaming around M.G Marg, the popular Shopping area in Gangtok.
Gangtok – Bagdogra
Time to fly back home through same route for your onward journey with happy memories to cherish!
• For travelers arriving by train, please ensure that you have sufficient time to travel from the New Jalpaiguri Junction to the Bagdogra Airport which shall take around 30-40 minutes to reach.
• For departures, those flying out/boarding a train out of Bagdogra Airport or the Jalpaiguri Junction, it is advisable to book the mode of transport only after 1.00 P.M.
• For those arriving to Bagdogra by flight, ensure that your scheduled landing time is before 1 pm.
• For those arriving to New Jalpaiguri, Junction, please ensure that you arrive at 1 pm.
• Stay in comfortable, clean and hygienic accommodation / Home stays
• Internal travel during the trip, inclusive of the pickup and drop facility to the Bagdogra Airport
• Breakfast and Dinner provided during the trip
• All permits, entries etc.
• Services of an expert Trikon buddy during the trip
• Travel cost of arrival to Bagdogra Airport on Day 1
• Travel cost of departure from Bagdogra Airport on Day 6
• Food during the transit to and from Bagdogra Airport
• Any personal expenses made during the trip
• Anything apart from the inclusions
• 5% GST
Things to Carry
• Valid Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card), along with 5 Photocopies for each document.
• 5 Passport Size Color Photographs
• Water Bottles
• A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
• Good pair of trekking shoes, and a pair of flip-flops
• Woolen Gloves, woolen socks, Monkey Cap/Balaclava, Neck Scarf
• Thermal Inners
• Snow Jackets and Fleece Jackets
• Waterproof gloves and windcheater/poncho
• Personal clothing (Dressing Moderately is mandatory to visit Monasteries and Dzongs)
• Cap, sunglasses, scarf
• Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
• Toiletries – Sunscreen, Moisturizer, Light towel, Lip balm, Wet wipes, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hand Sanitizer
• Extra Polythene Bags (To segregate used/ unused garments, wet/ dry clothing)
• Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
• Mosquito repellent
• Snacks & Biscuits to munch on (Optional)
• Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
• Remember to consult your physician if you have any heart or breathing issues before making this trip.
• You may carry Popcorn and/or Camphor from Gangtok before heading over to High Altitude areas such as Lachen, Gurudongmar, Lachung, Yumthang, Yumesamdong & Nathulla where the layer of Oxygen is very thin.
• Please refrain from clicking pictures while on the way to Gurudongmar from Lachen and at Nathulla due to presence of our Indian Army base and various security issues.
• Avoid wearing precious Jewelry while trekking, as T Trikon won’t be responsible for any losses for the same.
• Please make sure you report at the start location as per the itinerary. No refunds would be entertained by T Trikon. Consult your Trikon buddy in advance in case of any changes.
Consuming liquor or any kind of Alcoholic substance is prohibited. Carrying any kind of substance that’s illegal is not allowed. Smoking is strictly not allowed. Anybody found smoking or consuming alcoholic drinks will be expelled from the event without refund.
Fitness & Health – Though trekking is a fun-filled activity, it demands good amount of physical fitness. If you are under medication, please carry your medicines. During the trek, leaders will have over the counter medication for temporary treatment, so do give a heads up to them if you need any medical assistance.
Please call on +919819021806 for any query.
For any other information, please drop us an email with your name and phone number at [email protected] Please write the subject of the mail as ‘Trikon # 2279 Sikkim Backpacking Tour”
Please expect a delay in response for any queries on Saturday & Sunday as Trikon Team will be travelling to some or the other event. Thanks for your understanding & co-operation.
Please refer to following links for more information:
Rules and Regulation
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Follow us on:
“For WhatsApp notifications on Trikon upcoming events, please ping us ‘UPDATE’ with your ‘NAME’ on 9819021806”
Please save this number as Trikon to receive Broadcast message
Look forward to having you with us!
Team T Trikon
Connect | Explore | Unwind