- This event has passed.
midas adventure R2H Ratangad to Harishchandragad range trek Via Katrabai and Kaladgad
September 28 @ 12:00 am - September 29 @ 12:00 am UTC+5.5
One event on November 9, 2019 at 12:00 am
R2H Ratangad to Harishchandragad range trek Via Katrabai and Kaladgad
Endurance Level: Medium
Max 12 experienced and fix trekkers only.
About Ratangad to Harishchandragad
Ratangad :4255 Ft
Ratan means Jewel in Hindi. This hill fort is indeed jewel in all the hill forts here in Sahyadri. It is located in the district of Ahmednagar and is located about 4255 feet above sea level. It lies in the Ajoba mountain range surrounded by great mountains of Kulang, Alang, Kalsubai, Katarabai, Ajoba and Ghanchakkar. Geographically Ratangad is at the banks of Bhandardara lake of Ahmednagar district. With views of lake and highest mountains in Sahyadri looks very much lost in time.
This fort offers fabulous views of majestic Sahyadri ranges. Right from Katrabai till Sandhan Valley. One of the most beautiful forts in Flowering September, Ratangad seems to shadowed by yellow Sonki Flowers.
Harishchandragad : 4665 ft
The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The Great sage Changdev (one who wrote the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandragad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Taramati: This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad (This will be visited only if time permits.)
Konkan Kada: The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water.
Katrabai Peak: 4300 ft
The most important pass on Trans Sahyadri trek. This pass is known for passage between Ratangad and Harishchandragad. This pass gives an excellent 360° view of the area i.e Gawaldev, Muda, Ghanchakkar, Ajoba, Ratangad, AMK range and Kalsubai.
Kaladgad : 3300 ft
The base village of this fort is Pethewadi which is 07 kms from Pachnai. The accessible route to the fort is about 05 kms from Pachnai. This can be easily identified due to a cement structure built by the forest department. One can reach till here by foot or by one’s private vehicle. The ridge of the fort hill runs North-South direction and from here one has to start the ascend. A 10 minute walk gets us to an open space where couple of stones can be seen painted with vermillion. Rock cut steps from here take us to the rock cut holds in about 30 minutes. This ascend is bit tiresome. These rock cut holds are very narrow and cut diagonally enough to accommodate only one foot. Extreme caution has to be excercised while ascending this rock patch. After this climb we come across Bhairoba’s cave which is carved in rock and sits below ground level. In this cave there is an idol of Bhairoba painted in vermilion. There are 2 sculptures of snakes outside.
After visiting this one has to proceed towards south on the narrow path by keeping the valley to the left and the fort hill to the right. A 5 minute walk leads to two water tanks carved in rock which are now filled with fallen rocks. Proceeding further there two large rocks round in shape and a small temple named as “Vetal cha Challa”. From here, head back to water tanks and another route from here leads to the fort summit in about 5 minutes. The fort summit is narrowing to the south and broad to the north. Harishchandragad can be seen to the east.
Overview / Itinerary :
Meeting Point : Kasara railway station platform number 1 Exit gate at 12.10am sharp on Friday midnight i.e. Saturday
Day 0: Friday.
Pune people please catch 06.35pm Indrayani / 06.50pm – Maysuru-Ajmer Express from Pune station and alight at Kalyan and catch below mentioned local from kalyan.
Mumbai People please Catch *09.32pm Kasara Slow Local from CST* and meet us at Kasara
09.32pm : CST
09.40pm : Byculla
09.50pm : Dadar
10.00pm : Kurla
10.06pm : Ghatkopar
10.25pm : Thane
10.50pm : Dombivali
11.00pm : Kalyan
12.10am : Kasara
Day 1 : Saturday
12.45 am : Start Journey to Base villag
03.30 am : Reach base village and rest for couple of hours.
05.45 am : Wake up call
06.30 am : Start trek after Breakfast and Tea with packaged Lunch
09.00 am : Reach ratangad top and get the complete view of Sandhan Valley, AMK, Kalsubai, Bhandardara dam from the famous needle hole or Nedhe of ratangad
Explore the Fort and Photography. Don’t forget to capture the gaigantic view of katrabai and Ajoba from Queen’s Hudda.
10.30 am : Reach Ganesh Darwaja and explore caves
11.00 am : Start trek to Katrabai Pass.
01.30 pm : Reach Katrabai Pass and Lunch
02.15 pm : Katrabai exploreation is optional. We will explore it if we reach katrabai pass by 1.30pm.
03.00 pm : Descend to Kumshet.
06.00 pm : Reach kumshet.
08.00 pm : Dinner and retire for the day
Day 2 : Sunday.
05.30 am : Wake up call
06.30 am : Start trek to Harishchandrgad after Breakfast and Tea.
Keep extra Luggage at Pachhnai and hike to Harishchandrgad
Lunch at Kokankada
Explore Kokankada, Ancient caves and main temple at Harishchadragad.
Descend to Pachhnai and start return journey to kasara
07.00 pm : Reach Kasara and move to Kalyan / Pune
Cost : Rs. 2600/- PP
Transport from Kasara to Kasara
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – [email protected]
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Please send payment details to [email protected] / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 3 lit water (Must)
– Proper rain-gears like Umbrella / Raincoat / Windcheater (Must)
– Packs things properly to protect from rain (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Sunscreen, Mosquito repellent,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– For overnight or two day trek please carry bedding. (For 1 day trek bedding is not needed)
– Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Identity Card
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.