- This event has passed.
MPA | Overnight StarGazing session at Mahuli
February 15 @ 3:00 pm - February 16 @ 3:00 pm UTC+5.5Rs. 600
● Event Grade: Easy
● Endurance Level: Easy
● Location: Asangaon
● Duration: 1 Night
● Cost: Rs.600/-
About Star Gazing:
Every To-Be Observer Often Wonders, Where Do I Begin?. Astronomy Often Is The Hobby Of Looking At Very Distant Object With A Telescope… Unfortunately, For So Many People, It Ends With The Skinny Unused Telescope Offered As A Kid For A Birthday.
Truth Is, People Rarely Know What To Look For. Yet, It Can Be So Much Simpler If You Know The Following: Don’t Start With A Telescope, Start With Your Own Eyes.
Every Dedicated Astronomer Is First And Foremost A Stargazer. ‘Stargazing Is The Act Of Seeing Subtle Details, Comparing And Contrasting What You See From What You Know. (Wikiversity)
● Night Trek full of adventure
● Learn how to spot stars, planets, constellations
● Stargazing with a telescope by our astronomy expert
● See sighting shooting stars, meteors!
● Panoramic view Mahuli Fort, bhandargad Fort, and Bhatoba and Navara & Navari pinnacles.
● The chance to sleep under the stars
● Try your hand at star trail photography
● Indulge in local cuisine
● Witness gorgeous sunrise amid hills
We’ll be boarding the below train from nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
03:00 pm CST
03:18 pm Dadar
03:34 pm Ghatkopar
03:55 pm Thane
04:17 pm Dombivali
04:28 pm Kalyan
04:41 pm Titwala
05:03 pm Asangaon
Meeting Point :
Asangaon Railway Station at 05:15 pm
Once You Reach The Station You Are Requested To Come At The Railway Bridge Where The Team Member Of “Mumbai Pune Adventures” Will Be Waiting For You With A Mumbai Pune Adventures – ID. The Volunteer Will Help You Get To Bus* For Reaching The Site, Which Is 4-5 KM (20-25 Mins) From The Station.
● Please Note That There Are Multiple Organisation Conducting Stargazing At Mahuli So Make Sure You Are With “Mumbai Pune Adventures” Team Member. All Our Team Member Will Have Team ID.
Please Note That Anyone Coming After 5:30 Pm, The Only Other Options Are Auto Rickshaws Which Charge 250/- To Mahuli. We Are In No Way Responsible To Pay This Amount On Your Behalf.
● 05:05 PM : Meet-up
● 07:30 PM : Team orientation
● 08:00 PM : Familiarizing the night sky, knowing the constellations and learning about different objects in the night sky.
● 09:00 PM : Viewing objects through the telescope
● 10:00 PM : Dinner break
● 11:30 PM : Talk with Q&A session
● 01:00 AM : Viewing objects through the telescope
● 02:30 AM : Familiarising with new constellations
● 03:15 AM : Tea break
● 04:00 AM : Viewing objects through the telescope
● 05:30 AM : Pack up
Event Fee: Rs.600/- per person. Payment once done is non-refundable, do check for availability before making a payment.
You can make payments using any of the following modes
UPI – [email protected]
Google Pay – 9967564888
Paytm – 9967564888
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account
Name: Mumbai Pune Adventures
Bank: Central Bank of India
Account: Current Account
A/c No. : 3601915663
IFSC Code: CBIN0284592
● Local guidance
● Star Gazing telescope charges
● Two times tea and drinking water
● First aid and first responder assistance in case required
● MPA administration charges if any
● Do read our terms and conditions before registration
● All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
● We will arrange for the dinner at the additional cost of Rs. 200, prepared by the nearby villager people
● Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks etc.
● Any kind of personal expenses.
● Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
● All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like road blocks, bad weather.
Things to carry:
● Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
● 2 Litres of water must
● Torch with extra batteries
● Cap, Camera, Windcheater as Optional
● Medications if required for individual
● Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
● Basic toilet facility will be available at the base village. Considering it an outdoor activity, please prepare accordingly.
● As it is star gazing and very small trek, no need to carry heavy weight.
● Smoking/drinking/smoke up is strictly prohibited during the event. Anyone found doing so will be immediately expelled from the event.
● We request you to go through the complete itinerary. Since it is a group event, we will not be in position to entertain any request of leaving early from the event. Respecting the fellow trekmates, please adhere to the schedule and take back lovely memories.
For Registrations and Queries
Write to us at:
Keep visiting us at:
Follow us at:
Terms and conditions:
MPA | Overnight StarGazing session at Mahuli