- This event has passed.
Looneytunes Adventure Trek to Kohoj on 18 Aug 2019
August 18 @ 5:30 am - 5:00 pm UTC+5.51000INR
Trek to Kohoj Fort with Looneytunes Adventure
Height: 3200 feet
Grade: Easy – Moderate
Trek durations: 3 hrs from Waghote base village one way
Location – Palghar region
1. Temple of Lord Shankar
2. Water cisterns.
3. Historical remains.
4. Hanuman Temple.
5. Temple of Lord Krishna.
6. A man-shaped pinnacle is one of the greatest wonder of nature’s creation. This is the most attractive place on the fort.
Call – 8169959848
Whats app – 8655517771
Kohoj Fort Trek can be reached from the Vaghote village on Palghar – Wada road. At the base of the fort is a lake which gives beautiful reflection of the fort. It takes 2 hours approx from the village to reach the plateau. On the plateau of the fort, a temple of Lord Shankar and 3 groups of water cisterns can be seen. Fortification and remains of settlements also can be seen at some of the places. On the way that stretches from the right side of the temple up the hill, there are three large water cisterns; two of which contain potable water. On the top of this hill we come across a bastion and a temple of Lord Hanuman. There many natural pinnacles formed due to wind-erosion, two of them are man-shaped pinnacle which is one of the greatest wonder of nature’s creation.
Participants using Western railway can board in the Churchgate – Dahanu local train which leaves Churchgate at 5.24 am and halting
• 5:33 Mumbai Central
• 5:40 Dadar
• 5.44 Bandra
• 5.54 Andheri
• 6.08 Borivali
• 6.33 Vasai
• 6.45 Virar
• 7:25 Palghar
• 07:40 Breakfast at Palghar
• 08:10 Travel to base village by private jeep
• 09:00 Introduction, expectation setting with, rules to be followed, orientation.
• 09:10 Start the trek
• 12:00 On the plateau – Explore the fort & snacks break
• 13:00 Descend
• 15:00 Reach base village and have Lunch
• 17:30 Reach Palghar railway station
• 19:30 Travel to Mumbai by train
1. Transportation from Palghar to Palghar
3. Trek Expertise
1. Any personal expense
2. Medical hospitalization, evacuation and related expenses
Things to Carry:
• Haversack wind cheater to keep hands free
• Water bottle 3 liters
• Ready to eat food, like plum cakes, chocolate bar, some snacks & biscuits etc.
• Camera (Optional)
• Please carry your personal tea mugs, spoon and a small Swiss-knife.
• Electoral or Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder.
• Personal medicines.
• Please do not carry handbags or jolas for this trek.
• Good trekking shoes
• Extra Pair of Clothes.
• Carry one time meal (Lunch) for the trek