- This event has passed.
HikerWolf – Trek to Kalsubai
August 24 @ 10:30 pm - August 25 @ 9:00 pm UTC+5.5
One event on August 24, 2019 at 10:30 pm
Kalsubai with the height of 1646m [5400 Feet] is famous as one of the highest peaks in Maharashtra. Kalsubai lies in the Sahyadri mountain range. This being the highest peak, it commands a beautiful view. Since Kalsubai is extremely famous, enough effort has been made to make this trek easy. There are steel railings, chains, and ladders at places where it is difficult to climb. There is a symbolic temple at the top. It is truly believed by the local villagers that a housemaid residing in a nearby village had disappeared near the mountain while trying to escape for the employer’s Harsh suffering. This gives the mountain its present name, Kalsubai.
A small temple is built here, in her memory. From the top of Mount Kalsubai, one can get a great view of the Bhandardara Lake and Wlison dam, immediately after the rainy season, the place is covered with a variety of flowers. It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving Bari, a small stream is crossed followed soon after by a Hanuman temple. The route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit. There are three iron ladders along this route. There is a well near the last iron ladder as one approaches the top. The rest of the route is without water, so it is best to fill water bottles in Bari. It is an easy hike, but parts of it are quite steep in places.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
ENDURANCE LEVEL: Easy
HEIGHT: 5400 ft.
Board Kasara local from Mumbai CST on Saturday.
Kasara Train timing as below:
- CSMT – 22:50
- Dadar – 23:05
- Ghatkopar – 23:18
- Thane – 23:34
- Kalyan – 00:07
- Kasara – 01:18
For Pune Participants
- Board Indrayani train from Pune at 18:35
- Reach Kalyan 21:00 (have dinner before you board the train)
- Board local train till Kasara.
Saturday – Leave from CSMT and Board the 22:50 Kasara Local.
Sunday – Kalsubai Trek
- 01:30 Assemble at Kasara Railway Station
- Reach Base Village at 05.00 am approximate. Rest for some time. Enjoy the bonfire.
- Breakfast and freshen up. Commencement of the trek after briefing and a short introduction
- Reach Kalsubai top by 12:00 pm approx. Spend some time relaxing on the top and have some snacks.
- Start descending by 1.00 pm and reach to the base village.
- Enjoy a heavy meal and departure to Mumbai by 4.30 pm approx.
- Reach Mumbai by 10:00 pm with lots of memories
- Road Transportation from Kasara to Kasara
- Snacks during the trek
- First Aid
- Travel till Kasara and back
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions list
- Trekking Shoes (compulsory)
- Water Bottle (Minimum 2ltr)
- 1 Extra Pair of Clothes and rainwear
- Carry all your luggage in a shoulder bag/ rucksack
- Personal Medications, if any.
- Identity Proof
- An extra bag to keep your wet clothes
Note: Do not carry any valuables. Please take care of it in case you are carrying the same. We will not be responsible if you lose them by any chance.
- Can I join solo?
Answer: Of course, you can, we always have people joining solo and they go back home making many new friends.
- How and when will your team coordinate with me?
Answer: We make a WhatsApp group of all the participants, besides, one day before the event and share all the necessary details in it.
- How do I join if I am from Pune?
Answer: If you’re from Pune, kindly meet us at Karjat.
- Is this event kids friendly?
Answer: Yes, the event is kids friendly.
Note: You need to take responsibility for your kids.
- How much do I have to pay for my kid?
Answer: Kid below 5 year- Free
From 5 years to 12 years- 30% of the ticket value
Above 12 years- full payment
- How do I pay for my kid?
Answer: You can Google Pay or Paytm us on 9699514240
- Are drinks allowed at this trek?
Answer: Drinks and smoking are strictly prohibited on this trek.
- Will I get Jain food?