- This event has passed.
Harishchandragad Trek by Wandering Souls India
August 17 @ 9:30 pm - August 18 @ 9:30 pm UTC+5.5₹1299
Harishchandragad is a hill fort in the Ahmednagar district of India. It is known for its scenic beauty and charm. The fort is quite ancient. Remnants of Microlithic man have also been discovered here. Its origin is said to have been in the 6th century, during the rule of Kalachuri dynasty.
Kedareshwar Cave – There is the huge cave of Kedareshwar in which there is a big Shiva Linga, which is completely surrounded by water. Its height from the base is five feet, and the water is waist-deep. here are sculptures carved out in the cave. In the monsoon it is not possible to reach this cave, as a huge stream flows across the way.
KokanKada – his cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan. It provides views of the surrounding region.
Caves on Harishchandragad – These caves are spread out all over the fort. Many of these are situated at the foot of Taramati peak and are the place of accommodation. A few are near the temple, whereas some are near the citadel and some far away in the forests.
Difficulty – Easy
Height – 4650 ft. Approx.
Base Village – Pacchnai
Day 0 – 17th Aug
Catch the Kasara Local starting from CSMT at 9:32PM from your respective stations
Day 1 – 18th Aug
Meet the team at Kasara Railway Station at 12:15am and leave for the base village, its a 4 hour journey to the base village. We will halt at a dhaba, you can have something to eat here if you are hungry.
Reach Base village freshen up & have breakfast. We will start the trek at 6.00am after a brief introduction round.
Reach Harishchandragad by 8.30 am after cross numberous stream and small waterfalls on the way. Explore konkan kada and bask in the beauty of the surrounding. We will start our return journey by around 11 am.
Reach base and have lunch and get ready to leave for Kasara station(4 hours Journey).
Catch a train for Mumbai once you reach the station. This brings us to the end of an amazing weekend or rather beginning of your adventures with Wandering Souls
Train Time Table –
9:32 pm: CST
9:40 pm: Byculla
9:50 pm: Dadar
10:00 pm: Kurla
10:06 pm: Ghatkopar
10:22 pm: Mulund
10:27 pm: Thane
10:50 pm: Dombivali
11:01 am: Kalyan
12:11 am: Kasara
You can catch the train from your respective stations.
*If you miss the train you miss the trek!
- Kasara to Kasara Private Transport
- Breakfast & Lunch
- Expertise and Guide charges
- First Aid Certified Co-ordinators
- Local Guidance
- Wash Room & Changing room facility
- Anything other than the above-mentioned things
Things to Carry:
- Identity Proof
- Bottle of Water (at least 2 litres)
- Ready to eat food like plum cakes, dry fruits etc.
- Cap, Camera
- Good Trekking shoes
- Rain coat/ Poncho / Wind cheater please avoid umbrellas
- Personal care stuff, ORS, medicines which you require usually
- Haversack to put all the things in, please do not carry sling bags or jholas
- Basic Washroom facility available at the village, it is trekking activity and not a leisure trip so one needs to prepare themselves accordingly
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewellery.
- A planned activity or programs may be cancelled or revised depending on the weather or any other unavoidable circumstances.
- Please call us for any queries
- Please book the seat by paying 1299/- in Advance. Limited seats.
- While transferring the amount, please provide your name in remarks section.
- Once payment is done, please fill out this form – https://forms.gle/dSoTQZAZ7p9oGX6E7
- UPI – [email protected]
- Pay with PayTM – 9833157583
- NEFT/IMPS – A/C Name: Wandering Souls || A/C No.: 003205007182 || IFSC: ICIC0000032 || Type – Current
- Online Booking – https://allevents.in/mumbai/harishchandragad-monsoon-trek/80007150329595
Contact: Call or WhatsApp
Sharda: 9821181210 || Sanket: 9969258933