- This event has passed.
Harishchandra Gad Trek Via Nalichi Vaat
December 13, 2019 @ 9:30 pm UTC+5.51800₹
Harishchandragad: The fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The various Puranas (ancient scriptures) like Matsyapurana, Agnipurana and Skandapurana include many references about Harishchandragad. The Great sage Changdev (creator of the epic Tatvasaar) used to meditate on Taramati/Rohidas in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandra gad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Height: 4500 ft. (approx.)
Base Village: Walivare Village.
Cost: Rs. 1800/-
Taramati: Also known as Taramanchi. This is the top most point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad and Napta twin peaks,Ghodishep (865 meters),Ajoba (1375 meters),Kulang fort (1471 meters)in the north near the Kasara region.
Konkan Kada (Konkan cliff): The most fascinating spot on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood. One amazing phenomenon that can be observed at this place is the vertical cloud burst, in which the clouds nearing the cliff get sucked into the pit fall area below are thrown vertically into the sky reaching more than 50 feet (15 m).
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water. It is quite difficult to reach the Shivlinga because the water is ice-cold. There are sculptures carved out here. Local legend holds that when the forth piller breaks, the world will come to an end.
What is included in the tour
- Travelling from Kalyan to kalyan by local vehicles like ST/Jeep
- 2 Breakfasts
- 1 Dinner – Sat
- 1 Lunch – Sun
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any other things which is not mentioned in Inclusions.
Meeting Point: (Night) : @ Kalyan ST Depo 9.30 pm.
- Will move from Kalyan to Belpada by arranged jeep.
- 01.30 am: Rest at belpada.
- 05.00 am: Wake up call.
- 06.00 am: Breakfast and intro round.
- 06.30 am: Will start for the trek.
- 01.00 pm: Lunch
- 04.30 pm: Kokan Kada & Explore magnificent views till 6.00 pm.
- 07.00 pm: At Harishchandra Gad Caves.
- 08.30 pm: Diner.
- 10.00 pm: Good night.
- 05.30 am: Good Morning Rangers.
- 06.00 am: Move towards 2nd highest pick of Maharashtra Taramati.
- 09.00 am: Visit Kedareshwar Temple.
- 09.30 am: Will start descending towards Khireshwar.
- 01.00 pm: Will have Lunch at Aishwarya Hotel.
- 02.00 pm: At Khubi Phata to catch ST for Kalyan.
- 05.00 pm: Will reach to Kalyan.
- Lunch For Saturday
- A Proper Two Sided Haversack To Put All The Things, So That One Has Hands Free While Trekking
- ID Proof
- Approx. 3 Ltr Water
- Torch With Extra Batteries
- Bedding Like Shwal / Mat or sleeping bag
- Some Snacks
- Should Wear Good Trekking Shoes
- Full Sleeve Shirt/T-Shirt & Full Pant
- Carry Some Extra Cloths.
- If you have any medical issue please carry your own medicine as we carry only First aid.
Cap, Sunglasses, Woolen Jacket, Camera , Avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry, mosquito’s repellent, Electoral / Energy powder, 2 Lemon, & 2 plastic bags for weight distribution.
Note: It’s totally self-responsibility to take care of things.
For Reg. & more details, contact our “Rangers”,
Dipendra 7666624123 / 9967435673
Registration will be done by phone call only, so if call not received then please SMS your name & mail-id.