DGA | Trek to Kudremukh (Karnataka) | 22nd November 2019
November 22 @ 10:00 pm - November 25 @ 6:00 pm UTC+5.54000₹
Carrying or consuming alcohol and addictive substance is strictly prohibited in trek. If caught, you will be expelled from the group without any further discussions or refund.
Grade: Medium. You need to cover 22kms trek (uphill and downhill) within 8 hours.
Kudremukh is touted as one of the best treks of SouthIndia. It will surprise you with its pleasing landscapes in every turn. The word “Kudremukh” in Kannada means “horse face”, as one of the sides of the mountain resembles the shape of a horse face. It is the third highest peak in Karnataka located inside protected forest known for its biodiversity and Tigers.
22:00 – Catch “12133 Mangalore Express” from CST-22:00, Thane-22:35, Panvel-23:15
14:00 – Reach Mangalore and start travelling to Kudremukh base in a private vehicle. Enjoy the local coffee and sceneries.
18:30 – Reach our homestay.
20:00 – Dinner and campfire
05:00 – Get up early, have breakfast and get ready for the trek
07:00 – Reach the starting point of the trek in a jeep
11:30 – Reach Kudremukh and enjoy the million dollar views of surrounding hills. We will have packed lunch here.
18:00 – Start travelling back to Mangalore.
23:00 – Catch “16346 Netravathi Express”
17:40 – Reach LTT (via Panvel-16:15 and Thane-17:00)
Rs.4000 (excluding train tickets)
Rs.5200 (including sleeper class tickets, subject to availability)
For booking you need to pay Rs.2000 non-refundable advance.
Expected charges for train tickets from Mumbai to Mangalore and back in sleeper class: Rs.1200
Participants from Pune can come to Panvel to get Mangalore Express
Basic fee Includes:
– Travel from Mangalore Station to Kudremukh and back
– All Food and refreshments in Kudremukh (i.e. excluding train)
– Accommodation in a homestay with hot water facility
– Entry Charges at Kudremukh
Basic fee Excludes:
– Train tickets
– Food or drinks in train and bottled water/cold drinks during the trip
– Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Krishna Kuya – 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Email – [email protected]
— Send your advance money to following account —
Name – Krishna Kuya
Bank – HDFC, Thane
Account no – 5010 0036 3637 05
Account type – Savings
IFSC code – HDFC0001085
For payment through UPI: [email protected]
For Payment through Paytm or Google Pay: 9820285295
Things to be carried:
– At least 2 litre personal reusable water bottle (compulsory, all the time in your bag)
– Consent form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
– An extra pair of dry clothes.
– Trekking or sport shoes. Extra sleeper or floater.
– A good quality backpack (to be carried during trek)
Recommended (but not compulsory)
– Healthy foods like juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.
– Bedsheet, towel, soap, paste etc.
– sunscreen, hats, trekking pole etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures
For getting our event updates on WhatsApp, follow this link on your mobile – https://chat.whatsapp.com/CQo1Yd0agNY2uOMQlfBJbB