DGA | Hike to Korigad – Wildflower season | 28th September 2019
September 28 @ 10:30 pm - September 29 @ 2:00 pm UTC+5.51200₹
Korigad (also called Koraigad or Kumwarigad) is a hill fort located about 20 km (12 mi) south of Lonavla. Its date of construction is not known but likely predates 1500 AD. It is about 923 m above sea level. The planned township of AambyValley is built over the fort’s southern and eastern foothills. The closest village is Peth Shahpur, about 1 km north of the fort.
Every year after the monsoon season, wildflowers decorate the plateau of Korigad giving it a unique view. It is a dream destination for avid botanists, photographers and all those who appreciate nature.
11:00 – Gather at Thane Station
11:15 – Start travelling towards the base village in private bus or vehicle.
03:00 – Arrival at base village, Introduction session
03:30 – Start climbing towards Korigad
04:30 – Reach top, have campfire and masti. You also have the option to sleep in temple.
07:00 – Breakfast, Explore the fort, Photography.
09:00 – Start descending towards basevillage.
10:00 – Reach base and start traveling back
13:00 – Reach Thane Station
Fees: Rs.1200 only
– Half non-refundable, if cancelled till 5th October
– Non-refundable, if cancelled on 6th or 7th October
– Travelling from Thane to Korigad base and back in a private bus
– Morning tea & breakfast
– Guide & expertise charges
– Korigad Entry charges
– Any personal expenses to reach Thane
– Bottled water or cold drinks
– Dinner on 7th October; Lunch on 8th October
– Any other charges not mentioned above.
Krishna Kuya: 9820285295 (Also available on WhatsApp)
Email: [email protected]
— Send your money to following account —
Name – Krishna Kuya
Bank – HDFC, Thane
Account no – 5010 0036 3637 05
Account type – Savings
IFSC code – HDFC0001085
For payment through UPI: [email protected]
For Payment through Paytm or Google Pay: 9820285295
Things to be carried:
– Consent form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
– At least 2 liter water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
– Torches (other than mobile)
– Good trekking or sport shoes
– Bedsheet or mat
– We appreciate participants carrying fruits, juice packets, dry fruits, energy bar etc.