- This event has passed.
DGA | Backpack Trip to Bhutan | 22nd December 2019
December 22, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+5.522000₹
Did you ever thought of traveling to a land of peace and harmony? A place where almost everyone is happy, satisfied and warm to travelers. It’s not a dream. Welcome to Bhutan – Land of Thunder Dragon.
See Bhutan like never before. DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for the ultimate backpacking trip to Bhutan.
Fees: Rs.22,000 (Ex-Bagdogra)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.10,000
Remaining amount to be paid in cash during trip
Expected Flight Expense from Mumbai to Bagdogra and back: Rs.14000 (flight cost info may be outdated by the time you read this itinerary)
– Excursion to Tiger’s nest, Punakha Dzong and other famous monuments
– Ride through the heart throbbing valleys of Western Bhutan
– Wander in the remote villages
– Stimulate a new traveler inside you seeking for new landscapes and get transformed into a storyteller
Little info: (Source: Lonely Planet Book and some other websites)
Bhutan holds many surprises for open-minded traveller. This is a country where buying cigarettes is illegal, rice is red, and chillies are not just seasoning but a main ingredient of dishes. It is a deeply Buddhist land where school kids wear the Gho and Khira (traditional male and female garment, respectively).
Pristine nature, virgin forest, spectacular mountain and valleys, fascinating trekking trails, stately museums, sublime monasteries, formidable dzongs, exciting archery competition, pulsating markets, intricate textile handicrafts – all this in hospitable and peaceful country.
22nd December, #Sunday
14:00 – Reach Bagdogra airport and have Introduction. Later take jeep to P/ling. Some local snacks on the way. We will reach P/ling in late evening.
23rd December, #Monday
Complete the immigration formalities before moving ahead. We will reach #Paro in evening. We are free to roam around the city and try some local restaurants food.
24th December, #Tuesday
Visit National Museum etc. After Lunch travel to Chelela pass. If the weather is clear then you can get excellent views from Chelela pass.
25th December, #Wednesday
Visit the most famous place of Bhutan – Tiger’s nest. Tiger’s nest hangs on a precipitous cliff at 3,120 m elevation and about 900 m above the valley which provides lovely views of the scenic Paro valley.
26th December, #Thursday
Visit Buddha Dordenma and nature trail at #Thimphu. Finish remaining immigration formalities in Thimphu office and then visit the textile museum. Lunch at some new restaurant and then visit Thimphu Dzong.
27th December, #Friday
Travel to Punakha via Dochu La at 3050 metres. We will stop here to enjoy the Panoramic view of Eastern Himalayas. View the architecture of Druk Wangyal Lhakhang with 108 Stupas at Dochula. Later, visit Punakha Dzong and Suspension bridge.
28th December, #Saturday
Visit famous places of #Punakha like Chimi Lhakhang (Fertility Temple). Travel back to P/ling in evening.
29th December, #Sunday
Travel from P/ling to Bagdogra and then flight from Bagdogra in afternoon
Fees: Rs.22,000 (Ex-Bagdogra)
Non-refundable advance: Rs.10000
Remaining amount to be paid during trip in cash
– Virtually all expenses from Bagdogra
– Breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and refreshments
– Accommodation expenses
– Travel expenses in bus, jeep etc from Bagdogra onwards for the whole trip
– Entry charges at various monasteries and other places
– Travel guidance in Bhutan
– Basic fee does not include travel fare till Bagdogra
– Any exotic or expensive food, alcoholic drinks etc.
– Any personal expenditure.
Email – [email protected]
Krishna – 9820285295 (Available on WhatsApp)
— Send your advance money to following account —
Name – Krishna Kuya
Bank – IDBI, New Panvel
Account no – 1171 0400 008 0556
Account type – Savings
IFSC code – IBKL0000023
For payment through UPI: [email protected]
Expectations from this trip:
– This is a backpack trip and likely to be flexible. We may improvise the trip if needed
– We will choose place of accommodation based on group’s opinion and the expertise of group leader.
– Drinking is not allowed during trekking.
– You may drink or smoke on other days but not recommended. Please note that you need to pay 200% import duty on cigarettes you bring from India.
– Our daily schedule during trip may differ from our usual daily life schedule with respect to day chores, tea timing, food timing etc. Please don’t complain about these petty issues.
– On most of the days we will wake up early to travel comfortably and enjoy the serenity of morning. Though we may take rest in latter part of the day
– Always respect the local people and their culture. We try to learn more from them about the place.
Things to be carried
– Medical and consent form -https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwDsRRLH0uscR1J1VWJ1aHhPV3c/
– Passport and 3 photocopies of passport
– 3 passport size photographs
– Jacket or sweater and other warm clothes like winter caps etc.
– Sport shoes. Extra pair of sleeper or sandal
– Umbrella and bag cover
– At least two personal water bottles all the time during trip
– Personal medical kit, soap, paste etc.
– Carry one small bag to carry necessary things while roaming in daytime. It should ideally fit inside your main luggage
Recommended but not compulsory:
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap etc.
– One bedsheet (if you are concerned about the hygiene)
– Juice packets, Dry fruits, Ready to eat food etc.
Our YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/darkgreenadventures
Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/darkgreenadventures