- This event has passed.
Bhramanti365 :: Valley of Flowers (VOF) and Hemkund Sahib Trek on 11th August to 16th August 2019
August 11 @ 8:00 am - August 16 @ 5:00 pm UTC+5.55500INR
Budgeted Event – Trek to Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Saheb on 11th Aug – 16th Aug 2019 ( 5 Nights / 6 Days )
About the Activity:
The Valley of Flowers is nestled in the upper expanses of Bhyundar Ganga near Joshimath in Garhwal region. The lower reaches of Bhyundar Ganga near Gobindghat are known as Bhyundar Valley. The Valley of Flowers is in the Pushpawati valley 23 km north-northwest of Nanda Devi Park, It lies between 30° 41′ to 30° 48’N and 79° 33′ to 79° 46’E.
The Valley is 20 km northwest of Nanda Devi National park across the wide valley of the Bhyundar Ganga. It is one of two hanging valleys lying at the head of the Bhyundar valley,the other being the shorter hemkund valley which runs parallel some 10 km south. It runs east-west approximately 15 km by an average of 6 km wide, in the basin of the Pushpawati river, a small tributary flowing from the Tipra glacier which descends from Gauri Parbat in the east.
Spreaded over 87.5 square kilometres, the area was declared a national park in 1982. as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the entire valley comes alive when the snow melts. you will also come across endangered species as such as Asiatic black bear, snow leopard, brown bear and also the blue sheep. At 3600 meters above the sea level, the Valley of Flowers makes for an engaging trekking destination.
About the place
Altitude: 14,400 ft
Temperature: Day: 12°C-20°C and Night: 4°C-10°C (Temp is uncertain)
Trekking Distance: 47km
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Start & End Point: at Joshimath
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Base Camp: Joshimath
ATM: Joshimath is the last place to withdraw money from ATM .
Day #01 – 11th August 2019
( Meet us at 8:00 AM after you are done with your breakfast)
Haridwar Railway Station – Joshimath (2450m) (Drive – 280km /8-9hrs)
Meet us at Haridwar Railway Station , Travelling by bus till Joshimath
Day #02 – 12th August 2019
Joshimath-Govindghat (20 Kms from Gobindghat) – Ghangria (Drive-1hr) (Trek – 4-5hrs)
In the morning, after breakfast, travelling to Gobindghat. From this point, our trek begins, to a small village of Ghangaria. It lies in the Bhyundar valley, on the way to Hemkund Sahib. On reaching Ghangaria.
Day #03 -13th and 14th August stay in Ghangria (VOF)
Ghangria (3050m) – Valley of Flowers (3600m) – Ghangria (Trek -4-5hrs)
In the morning, leave for the valley of flowers. , look forward to a short climb to the valley, moderate gradient and fetching landscapes. It will take us around 2 hours to reach the famous Valley of Flowers. Feast your eyes on vast meadows dotted with vibrant alpine flowers, many streams and lofty mountains. The site is known for its meadows, filled with varied species of flowers and other vegetation’s. It is home to several rare animals like the musk deer, blue sheep, brown bear and more. The variety of butterflies lightens up the whole area. After this breathtaking experience, return back to Ghangaria for an overnight stay ( As this is budgeted trip think before you book as no lavish hotels will be provided or any lavish food )
Day #04 – 14th August 2019 ( Exploring Ghangria – VOF) – Ghangaria (3050m)
Explore the next day to VOF
Day #05 – 15th August 2019 (Ghangria to Hemkund Sahib) ( Trek 6 Kms Steep Trekking)
In the early morning, trek to Hemkund Sahib, it is a revered Sikh place that attracts a wide number of pilgrims. Sikh Shrine built next to the mesmerizing lake (ringed by wild flowers with Brahmkamal being the most popular) over 3-4 hours. Expect steep climbs at some places. Once there, indulge in the beauty of the place as sip on the piping hot tea served at the Gurudwara (shrine). Visit Laxman Mandir next to the Gurudwara, By noon, retreat to Ghangria. return back to Ghangaria and stay overnight in the hotel / Guest house.
Day #06 – 15th August 2019 – Ghangria –Govindghat –Joshimath (Drive-4hrs) (Trek-3-4hrs)
Start the morning with a trek from Ghangaria to Govindghat, covering the distance of 13 km. Drive to Rudraprayag from Govindghat and check in the hotel on your arrival. Stay over for the night at the hotel in joshimath.
Day #06 – 16th August 2019 – Joshimath- Haridwar (280km/8-9hrs)
In the morning post breakfast start to Haridwar (Trip Ends at Haridwar with beautiful memories) One can go to Auli which is a half day tour not to be missed, but an optional one and on own cost.
Guest House stay on triple/quadruple sharing basis (Depending on the situation as this is a budgeted trekking / Trip )
- Accommodation ( as per the situation)
- Veg meals while on trek ( Cost effective if not then you can purchase on your own)
- Basic First aid medical kits (for other need to carry your regular medicines to avoid complications)
- Transportation mainly by bus ( State Transportation)
Things to Carry
- A pair of shirts / light pullover/ full sleeve T-shirt
- Water resistant trekking pants
- Windproof/ water resistant jacket, down jacket with min 600 fill power rating
- Full-sleeve wollen sweater
- Thermal inner wear
- Woollen cap, Inner fleece gloves, outer water proof gloves
- Thick woollen socks and regular socks
- Scarf/ muffler (optional)
- Comfortable waterproof Trekking/ Hiking shoes with a thick sole, Camp shoes
- Raincoat/ Poncho
- Towel and a small Napkin
- Insulated water bottle and hydration pack (optional)
- Cap/ floppy, Sun glasses
- walking stick/ Trekking pole
- Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm etc
- Torch/ Flashlight (with extra batteries) – Preferred Head torch.
- Personal medication
- Personal toiletries (Sanitary Napkins , Tissue rolls )
About the Package:-
- Cost effective Transportation, carry sleeping bags to avoid paying extra to the hotels
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay attention to the trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited with other intoxicants.
- Before undertaking the trek, consult a physician for medical fitness.
- Weather is very uncertain so carry thermal wear / Raincoats / Poncho etc.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek (routine medicines to avoid complications).
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites, (No teasing allowed , If caught by the locals we are not responsible .
- Cost of the Entire Event is 5500 /- Per Head ( Haridwar to Haridwar)
(Kindly read the instructions and other details and then only book the event as this is budgeted trip, basic amenities will be considered the main motive is the explore VOF and visit to Hemkund Sahib)
- For Registrations call –
Amey Bhagat – 9987121415 / 9029209992
Gitanjali Bhagat – 7304108886If not reachable, SMS or WhatsApp.
E-mail id: email@example.comAccount details –Account No: 033401519935
Name: Geetanjali Amey Bhagat
IFS code: ICIC0000334
Bank Name: ICICI BANK
Branch: NEW PANVEL
Registration Link – http://goo.gl/forms/GzvHYUz9DB
Once payment is done, please email details to “firstname.lastname@example.org” including Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Blood Group, Emergency Contact No. with concern person name with subject line as “Event Title & Date”
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: –
It is mandatory that you visit your personal physician before enrolling for the trip if you suffer from any illness of any kind and disclose the same and your medical history to the organizers of the trip so that best possible arrangements can be carried out post approval. As organizers of the trip, we will be responsible for providing basic first aid throughout the trip. In case of unexpected mishaps or accidents, we will arrange for the injured patron to be taken to the nearest medical hospital wherever possible. The medical expenses will have to be borne by the patrons themselves.
Connect with Us on Social Media –
1⃣ Website: http://www.b365.co.in/
2⃣ FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bhramanti365
3⃣ FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/Bhramanti365
4⃣ Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/ameybhagat/
5⃣ Meetup : https://www.meetup.com/Bhramanti365/
Various types of flowers bloomed in the valley
Hemkund Saheb Gurdwara and Enchanting Lake