- This event has passed.
November 2 @ 7:00 am - November 3 @ 5:00 pm UTC+5.5
One event on December 21, 2019 at 7:00 am
Vasota Sajjangad and Vairatgad camping trek
Grade : Medium
Endurance : Medium
Region : Satara
About Vasota :
Vasota Fort (also called Vyaghragad) is located in Satara district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It was famously defended by Tai Telin a mistress of Pant Pratinidhi a killedar of the fort when he was captured. Vasota fort is attributed to the Kolhapur Shilahara Raja Bhoja II (1178–1193) of Panhala. Vasota always remained with Marathas, Shirkes & Mores in 16th century & then incorporated in Swarajya by Shivaji Maharaj in 1655 during the conquest of Javli. Shivaji Maharaj named the fort “Vyaghragad” (Vyaghra – means tiger), owing to its difficult natural defense. After Shivaji Maharaj, the brave Maratha Bajirao Peshwa carried on the Swarajya mission of ousting the Mughal invaders from our country.
About Sajjangad :
Sajjangad meaning Fort of Good People. It is the final resting place of Sant Ramdas in 17th century India (born 1608). His teachings and works written in books such as Dasbodh are read and followed by many people even today in the state of Maharashtra and Sajjangad is a popular place of pilgrimage.
About Vairatagad :
This is less explored fort near to Wai. The top of the fort is very small. There are remnants of old buildings. The bastion at the entrance is dilapidated. 5-6 cisterns can be seen to the left of the main gate, on the lower side of the cliff. There is a small cave to the right. At the top there is a Hanuman temple. An idol of Hanuman sits outside the temple
Overview / Itinerary:
Day 0 : Friday
Meeting Point : Mumbai People : Pritam Hotel , Dadar East 10.00pm on Friday night
Pune People : Natraj Hotel Swargate 11.00pm on Friday night or will give pickup point and time later
Pickup points will be Dadar, Sion, Chembur, Vashi, Belapur, Panvel, Lonavala and Pune
Day 1 : Saturday
Reach Bamnoli by 06:00 am
Breakfast and Introduction Round
Start towards Met Indavali via boat ride through Koyna Back waters
Reach Met Indavali by 10:00 am and Start trek
01.00pm Reach Vasota Fort
Explore the Fort and Lunch Time
Start Descend toward Met Indavali Village.
Back to Bamnoli
Move to Sajjangad and tent stay
Day 2: Sunday
Wake up at 6am and Get Fresh
Post Breakfast move to Vairatgad
Reach top and explore
Move to Pune and Mumbai
Reach Dadar by 8pm
Cost – Rs.3600/- for Mumbai People
Rs.3300/- for Pune People
Dadar to Dadar
or Pune to Pune transport
Mineral water, Any kind of insurance, Soft-drinks etc.
Anything other than above mentioned inclusions.
Account Name: Mahadeo J Gadade
Bank : Axis Bank
Account Type : Saving.
Account No : 913010025541263
IFSC Code : UTIB0000037
UPI ID – [email protected]
Google Pay / PayTM Karo !!!! 9370080086
Pay by Credit/Debit card/ Net banking
Add money into your PayTM wallet and then transfer it to our PayTM wallet / bank
Please send payment details to [email protected] / Whatsup-9370080086
Things to Carry :
– 3 liter water (Must)
– Torch with extra batteries (Must)
– Full sleeve T-shirts and full pant.(Must)
– Good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks (Must)
– Sunscreen, Mosquito repellent,Towel, a napkin, Extra Pair of clothes (Must)
– Proper Bedding like Sleeping Bag and Mat / 2 Shawls / 2 bed-sheets (Must)
– Camera, Cap etc. (Optional)
– Electrolyte packets as energy drinks (optional)
– Carry eatable like fruits, dry fruits to munch on during trek and to avoid dehydration.
– A haversack to put in all the things.
– Good to have stick for support.
– Identity Card
– No smoking.
– No plastic littering.
– Wear full sleeves, full track suite for protection.
– Proper footwear/shoes are essential for trek.
– Conserve and preserve our heritage.
– No deodorant / perfume. After trek it’s OK.
– We reserves all right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without any prior notice.
– No Extra adventure/out of itinerary behavior during trek.
– Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
– Photographs taken during the activity which can be used for publicity purpose.
– Each member will be responsible for his/her own safety, Jewellery, Cash and baggage.
– It is most essential to be fit and fine before heading for trekking.
– While planning your trekking trip, it is preferable to have a medical fitness check up done.
– If suffering from any kind of allergy or ailment, do carry proper prescribed medicines to prevent serious health problem including heatstroke, sever headache, cough, dehydration and hypothermia.
– Participants suffering from chronic conditions like asthma, bronchitis, blood pressure, migraine, diabetes etc should seek their physicians advice before coming.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
– No refund of advance amount.
– If cancellation done prior to 20/10/7 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 3-4 days event/ Dudhsagar. No refund after that.
– If cancellation done prior to 6/3/2 days of outing 70%/50%/30% will be refunded respectively for 1-2 days event. No refund after that.
– No cancellation amount will be refunded on Advance Payment.
– All the activities & programs carry an amount of risk of injury and you are aware that outdoor activities have an inherent risk of personal injury.
– You are joining an outdoor activity where any incident(reasons beyond control (like Natural calamities, riots, political uncertainty, public transport failure etc.)/ Natural calamity can happen & you agree that organizer shall not be held responsible for the any accident, mishap (including death) caused by any circumstances. Refund shall be payable with respect to the given refund norms.
– Midas reserves all rights to modify/change the camp/ program and to pre-pone (advance)/postpone the event and Midas Group will not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case.